Missouri River bridge to close for inspection
Weather permitting, on Monday, Nov. 5, the Missouri River Bridge on Kansas Highway 92 in Leavenworth County will close for inspection.
The bridge will close to all traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and again on Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Bridge inspection crews will conduct a hands-on inspection of the top arch support sections on the bridge. After the inspection, engineers will review the findings and determine if any repair work or other actions need to be undertaken.
Message boards will alert traffic to the bridge closure.
More like this story
- Update: Sunday delays expected for Centennial Bridge over Missouri River near Leavenworth
- Update: Work to start back up Tuesday on K-92 bridge in Leavenworth
- Heavy rains cause road closures in northesast Kansas
- KDOT stops work on Centennial Bridge to ease Missouri River-crossing congestion
- Missouri River bridge in Leavenworth back to two lanes for winter