Holton halts Basehor-Linwood hopes
Basehor-Linwood's bid to knock off another one-loss football team fell short Saturday in Class 4A playoff action.
BLHS defeated Eudora in the first round of the playoffs Tuesday, but the Bobcats couldn't do the same against Holton.
The Wildcats scored on its first drive and never looked back on the way to a 38-0 win at Basehor.
Holton improved to 10-1, while Basehor-Linwood finished its season at 5-6.
Holton 38, Basehor-Linwood 0
Score by quarters
Holton 7 11 14 6 -- 38
Basehor-Linwood 0 0 0 0 -- 0
How they scored
H -- Kevin Middlemist 16 run (kick good)
H -- Kaleb Smith 23 run (kick blocked)
H -- Justin Allen 1 run (conversion failed)
H -- Anthony Schuetz 1 run (kick good)
H -- Middlemist 3 run (kick good)
H -- Kyle Zimmerman 21 run (kick failed)
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits