3 Lansing squads set for Super Bowls
Are you ready for some football? A Saturday night party?
If you answered "yes" to those questions, the chances are good that you play for the Lansing Red Raiders, Red Bulls or White Stallions. All three city Parks and Recreation football teams will play in the Northeast Kansas Athletic Association Super Bowls on Saturday night at Pleasant Ridge High School.
The Red Raiders will play Horton in the third- and fourth-grade championship game at 6 p.m. The fifth- and sixth-grade title game between the Red Bulls and White Stallions will start at 7:30 p.m.
The Red Raiders advanced to the Super Bowl by knocking off Pleasant Ridge, 30-6, on Saturday in the semifinals.
Also Saturday, the White Stallions defeated Pleasant Ridge, 22-14, and the Red Bulls shut out Horton, 14-0.
The Red Bulls are the only unbeaten team in the playoffs. They are 7-0 and trying to defend their title after winning the 2006 Super Bowl with a 7-2 record.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club