Library to close next week
Basehor Community Library will be closed Monday, Nov. 12, and Tuesday, Nov. 13, for employee training.
Library director Carla Kaiser, said the library is joining the NExpress consortium, a regional consortium of area libraries, and is upgrading to a new automation system as part of the process. The result will be improved online access to the library's collection and the collections of other consortium members for NExpress cardholders.
Patrons will be able to:
- Access the collections of more than 20 different institutions.
- Search the online catalog for over 2.7 million items including books, audiotapes, videocassettes, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks, pamphlets, music scores and other library materials.
- View color book jackets, book reviews, summaries and excerpts.
- View their current library account online.
- Renew and place holds online.
- View current bestseller and recommended reading lists.
- Request items directly from other libraries to be picked up at the Basehor Community Library.
All these tasks may be done online from the comfort of home or the office. The library will launch NExpress on Wednesday, Nov. 14. Patrons can come by the library to get a NExpress card any time before that date, but it will not be activated until then.