158th St. accident leaves one dead
A Bonner Springs man died from injuries he received in a single-car accident early Friday morning.
According to Leavenworth County Sheriff's reports, Joseph P. McKechnie, 46, was traveling south on 158th Street about 2:10 a.m. when his 2000 Honda Accord left the road just north of Cantrell Road and overturned. McKechnie, who was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, died at the scene.
Officers believe alcohol may have been a contributing factor.
The accident remains under investigation.
More like this story
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients