Abortion support group moves
A ministry that offers counseling to those who have had an abortion has relocated to the Wyandotte Pregnancy Center at 54th Street and Leavenworth Road in Kansas City, Kan.
Project Rachel is operated by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
"Our mission is to help post-abortive women and men understand what took place with the abortion experience and its impact," said Patricia Klausner, project director. "Their struggles with sadness, anger and shame can be overwhelming, and this program helps them seek forgiveness whereby healing begins. We are open to people of all faiths." Klausner said the program was free and confidential. As facilitator for the project, Klausner offers various resources of support for each participant in a nonjudgmental and compassionate way.
To learn more about Project Rachel, visit the Web site ProjectRachelKC.com or contact Klausner at (913) 621-2199 or toll-free at (888) 246-1504.
She is available to return calls on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
More like this story
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts