Newspapers sponsor fall photo contest
Leavenworth County's fall colors are about to go on display, and what better way to capture them than through photography?
The Current, Basehor Sentinel and Tonganoxie Mirror are combining efforts to sponsor the Leavenworth County Fall Photo Contest. And the photographer who shoots the photo selected as tops will win $100.
The contest is open to any reader of The Mirror, Sentinel or Current who submits a photo or photos of scenes of Leavenworth in the fall. Photos can be of people, landscapes or other images of the county.
Signed consent forms must be submitted with photos in which a person can be identified.
The winner of the contest will receive $100, with the top entries showcased in the newspapers on Nov. 21 and 22.
Entries can be dropped off at the offices of The Current, 204 N. Main St., Lansing; or The Mirror and Sentinel, 520 E. Fourth St., Tonganoxie; or sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Nov. 15.
Other rules for the contest can be seen in the advertisement on page 4B.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Leader of Bonner Community Thanksgiving Dinner ready to hand over reigns
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past