Better know the district: Week Two
The Lansing High football team has asserted itself as the team to beat by moving to 2-0 in Class 5A District 1. The Lions routed KC-Washington, 40-13, on Friday at Washington. In the other district game, Shawnee Heights hammered KC-Schlagle, 49-7. That moves Heights into second place in the district with a head-to-head tiebreaker advantage over Schlagle.
Still, the district title is up for grabs. Lansing needs to beat Schlagle this week to win the district championship. LHS still could win with a loss, but only if Shawnee Heights also beats Washington and Lansing maintains the overall lead on the 13-point system.
Washington has been eliminated from playoff contention.
TEAM DIST. ALL
Lansing 2-0 7-1
Shawnee Heights 1-1 5-3
KC-Schlagle 1-1 4-4
KC-Washington 0-2 5-3
(A team can accumulate a maximum of 13 points in each game based on margin of victory or loss. The points are used to break up three-way ties in the district)
Shawnee Heights +10
WEEK TWO SCORES
Lansing 40, Washington 13
Shawnee Heights 49, Schlagle 7
THIS WEEK'S MATCHUPS
Schlagle at Lansing
Shawnee Heights at Washington
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch