Class 5A soccer regional playoffs begin
The Lansing High boys soccer team will see some familiar faces during its quest to win the Class 5A regional championship and return to the state quarterfinals for the first time since 2005.
The Lions were slated to open regional play Monday against Turner (8-6-1) at Leo Alvey Park, but heavy rains forced the game to be pushed back to Wednesday evening. The game didn't finish in time to meet The Current's 5 p.m. deadline, but a report can be found Online at lansingcurrent.com.
Lansing (7-8) dropped a 2-1 decision to Turner on Sept. 26.
A loss Wednesday would end Lansing's season. A victory in that game would pit LHS against archrival Mill Valley at 5 p.m. today at MVHS in the regional finals. The Jaguars and Lions have played twice this season, and the Jags won both meetings. The first was a 3-2 thriller, and the second was a 4-0 blood bath that included seven yellow cards and a red card.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood USD 458 board sets special meeting
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education