Smith nominated for Army Iron Man Award again
Lansing High senior football player Justin Smith has been nominated for the 2007 Army Iron Man Award for the second time this season, and fans can go Online to vote for him.
Smith won the award in Week Five after scoring 20 of Lansing's 22 points in a 22-15 victory over Basehor-Linwood.
This time Smith was nominated after scoring on a 49-yard catch and a 52-yard interception return during the Lions' 41-14 victory over KC-Schlagle that wrapped up the Class 5A District 1 title.
Other candidates for the award this week are John Babb of Topeka High, Jase Hartenbower of Riley County, Josh Kearney of Bishop Miege, Edd Noonan of Emporia and Nolan Peters of Lawrence Free State.
Fans can vote for Smith by going to http://www.thesportsflash.com/USArmyIronMan-KS. Voting ends at 6 p.m. Thursday.
More like this story
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Basehor-Linwood athletes qualify for state track