BLMS basketball win games at tournament
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade girls basketball team won a pair of games last week at its basketball classic.
Sydne Eriksen and Megan Downing scored eight points each to lead the team to a 41-7 victory over Patton in the first game of the tournament.
The team's other scorers were Kelsey Fenton, six; Maggie Hattock, four, Hannah Gumm, four; Brooke Redmond, three; Hannah Tush, Cortney Wise, Ellin Farris, Cara McCarty, two.
On the second day of competition, Basehor-Linwood defeated defeated Pioneer Ridge 35-19.
Downing and McCarty led the Bobcats with six points.
In seventh grade play, the Bobcats defeated Patton, 32-11.
Jamie Johnson led the team with 14 points. Kara Stephens scored seven points and Brandi Stahl and Samantha Rutherford each scored four points. Haley Waters scored three points.
In the second round of competition, Pioneer Ridge defeated Basehor, 41-22.
The team's scorers were Johnson, seven; Waters, six; Lauren Leiker, four; Stephens, two; Rutherford, two; Mallorie Belk, one.
Basehor-Linwood Middle School lost 24-8 to Baldwin to open the season.
The team's varsity team lost to Baldwin, 27-11.
More like this story
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County