Bobcats lose football opener
Bonner breaks game open in 3rd quarter
Bonner Springs defeated Basehor-Linwood, 26-6, in the season opener on Friday.
The Braves scored four touchdowns in the game, which included three of more than 25 yards to win the season-opener.
The score was 7-6 in the third quarter when Bonner Springs scored two touchdowns in a matter of minutes.
Byron Williams scored on a 25-yard touchdown pass. The extra point was blocked. On Bonner's next possession, Williams scored again on an 82-yard touchdown catch.
Steven Walker caught a 62-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter.
With the scores, Bonner clinched the after leading 7-6 at halftime.
In the first quarter, Bonner quarterback Tyler Jock rushed 80 yards for a touchdown.
Basehor scored its only touchdown in the second quarter with a 3-yard touchdown run by Chandler Schaake. The Bobcats failed on a two-point conversion attempt
More like this story
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy
- Top Stories of 2014: The Year in Review for Basehor, Bonner Springs, Edwardsville
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Society explains lack of action with Basehor's 1905 library