Hugh T. “Bing” Crosby
Services for Hugh T. "Bing" Crosby, 98, Independence, Mo., were Sunday, Sept. 2, at Speaks Suburban Chapel, Independence. Burial was in Mount Washington Forever Cemetery.
Mr. Crosby died Sunday, Aug 26, 2007.
He was born on Oct. 1, 1908, in St. Marys, the son of Thomas James Crosby and Annette Brock Crosby. He lived his school years in Lansing. On Feb. 26, 1932, he married his childhood sweetheart, Pansy M. Brooks, in Manhattan. They enjoyed their life together for 63 years before her death in 1995. He left Kansas in 1953 to move his wife and two daughters to Independence. His careers varied, from Dairyman to Ford and to BOP, and then retiring from Remington Arms in 1973.
Survivors include two daughters, Norma Graff and Jane Richards, both of Independence; eight grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
The family suggests memorials to the Regional Hospice of Liberty, 16 Westwoods Drive, Liberty, MO 64068.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers