Master gardener class enrolling
People interested in learning more about gardening can enroll in classes to become a Leavenworth County master gardener.
Classes start Tuesday, Sept. 18, and run through Nov. 20. Classes meet one day a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for nine weeks. Student receive 40 hours of training on subjects such as lawn maintenance, plant diseases, trees, shrubs, soils, weeds, annuals, perennials, vegetables and fruit.
Cost of the training is $125 with $50 refunded after completing all training and volunteer hours. Contact the Leavenworth County Extension Office for more information (913) 250-2399.
More like this story
- Basehor VFW plans show of patriotism Friday for Loyalty Day
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Leavenworth County approves EMS services for Basehor
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly