William W. Johnson
Services for William W. "Bill" Johnson, 86, of Lansing, will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 7, at R.L. Leintz Funeral Home, Leavenworth. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mr. Johnson died Monday, Sept. 3, 2007, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
He was born April 21, 1921 in Wyandotte County, the son of James J. and Bertha (Blanz) Johnson.
Mr. Johnson served in the U.S. Army. In 1948, he and his wife moved to Lansing. For several years, Mr. Johnson owned and operated Johnson Plumbing. In 1976 he retired from the Veterans Administration Medical Center, where he had worked for 31 years. He retired as the supervisor of building maintenance.
On June 25, 1940, he married Helen R. Schmitt in Basehor; she survives at the home.
Other survivors include three daughters, Mary Ann Oertel, Gulnare, Colo.; Sister Eileen Marie Johnson, SCL, Anaconda, Mont., and Linda Powers, Lansing; six grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Sept. 6, at the funeral home
The family suggests memorials to St. Vincent Clinic, sent in care of the funeral home, 4701 Tenth Ave., Leavenworth.
More like this story
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'