Briggs, Elkins lead LHS tennis at Baldwin
Singles players Amy Briggs and Lauren Elkins led the Lansing High varsity tennis team to a fourth-place finish on Wednesday at the Baldwin Invitational.
Briggs finished second overall at No. 1 singles behind defending Class 4A state champion Alex O'Neal of Topeka Hayden. Elkins finished fourth at No. 2 singles.
De Soto edged Hayden for first place in the team standings by winning a tiebreaker. Both teams had 34 points. Marysville finished third with 26 points and Lansing was fourth in the 10-team field with 22 points.
The varsity Lions return to action at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Hayden Invitational in Topeka. The junior varsity squad is in action at 3:15 p.m. today at Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Bonner resident continues efforts to establish community choir
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs chiropractor Martha Aitkens
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social