Susan E. Smith
Mass of Christian Burial for Susan E. Smith, 59, Lansing, was Wednesday at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church. Burial was at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Smith lost her seven year battle with cancer on Saturday, Sept. 8, 2007, at her home.
She was born Oct. 14, 1947, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the daughter of John L. and Mary C. (McElligott) Phillips.
On April 28, 1973, she married Lt. Thomas E. Smith; he survives at the home.
Other survivors include four children, Meghan E. Smith, Des Moines, Iowa, Melissa B. Smith, of the home, Courtney A. Smith, Kansas City, Mo., and Pfc. Thomas P. Smith, stationed at Fort Riley with duty in Iraq; a sister is Jeanette (John) Foley, Frisco, Colo.; a sister-in-law, Lou Phillips, Cedar Rapids, Iowa; four brothers, Bob (Gerry) Phillips, Sheridan, Wyo., Ron (Theola) Phillips, Louisville, Ky.,, Thomas (Mary) Phillips, Windham, Maine, and Jim (Ardith) Phillips, Cedar Falls, Iowa; and family friend, Selma Williams, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Arrangements are being handled by Davis Funeral Chapel.
The family suggests memorials to the Susan G. Komen Foundation and/or the American Cancer Society.
More like this story
- LCHS hires firm to design future shelter
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event