Voters OK expansion of Linwood library district
Voters in southern Leavenworth County have given approval to expansion of the Linwood Library District.
In balloting Tuesday, the expansion question passed 181 to 63, the Leavenworth County Clerk's Office reported. Voter turnout was 9 percent.
The special election was contested to decide whether the library's district, which currently extends into parts of Reno and most of Sherman townships, will expand to include all of Sherman and Reno townships.
The results will remain unofficial until after Leavenworth County commissioners convene at 9 a.m. Friday at the County Courthouse in Leavenworth to canvass the ballots and declare the results official.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood takes down Mill Valley
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes