LHS volleyball holds firm at No. 4
The Lansing High volleyball team maintained its position as the fourth-ranked team in the state in Kansas Class 5A, according to the Kansas Volleyball Coaches Association poll released today.
LHS received votes but was unranked in the preseason and week one polls, but the Lions vaulted to No. 4 a week ago after winning the Lansing Invitational. Despite a loss to the fourth-ranked team in Class 6A, Shawnee Mission West, last Thursday, Lansing held its ground in the new poll with a 13-1 record. Coaches are required to submit their team's record each Monday to be eligible for the poll.
Lansing now is 15-1 after knocking off Perry-Lecompton and Basehor-Linwood on Tuesday night. A recap of those matches can be found in Thursday's edition of The Current.
Bishop Miege retained the No. 1 position in the poll with a 17-1 record, St. Thomas Aquinas stayed at No. 2 with a 14-1 mark, Newton is third again this week at 15-1 and Topeka Seaman stayed at No. 5 with a 10-1 record. McPherson (8-2) is receiving votes for the poll.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 in review: Top stories of the year
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education