County to hold conference concerning County Rd. 1
The Leavenworth County Commission will discuss improvements to County Road 1 leading to a proposed interchange with Interstate 70 via a teleconference with Kansas Department of Transportation and Kansas Turnpike Authority officials at 8 a.m. today at the county courthouse.
Topics for discussion include deciding where a tie-in with U.S. Highway 24-40 will go and clearing up any issues before the land acquisition process begins.
"The biggest thing is where we're going to intersect with 24-40," Commissioner Dean Oroke said Tuesday.
An unofficial proposal sent by KDOT officials calls for the tie-in to go south of Honey Creek Road near the Gordon Harman Farmstead for $625,000, but Oroke said a better location would be north of Honey Creek near the Heartland Community Church of the Nazarene.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March