Memorial service scheduled
An officer assigned to the Command and General Staff College died last week in Augusta, Ga.
Lt. Col. Rocko V. Stowers, 49, an instructor in the Center for Army Tactics, had been hospitalized in the Veterans Administration hospital in Augusta, Ga., when he died Friday, Sept. 14.
Prior to being assigned to the CGSC, Stowers was commander of the 705th Military Police Internment and Resettlement Battalion at Fort Leavenworth.
A memorial service is scheduled for 11 a.m. today, Sept. 20, in the Eisenhower Auditorium of the Lewis and Clark Center at Fort Leavenworth.
Funeral services are scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at the Christian Worship Assembly, 3874 Royston Highway, Hartwell, Ga. Burial will be in Hartwell.
The family has asked that those wishing may send flowers to Mack's Funeral Home, 226 Maple St., Hartwell, GA 30643, (706) 376-7566.
Memorials are suggested to the "Rocko Stowers Memorial Fund" by contacting the Armed Forces Bank, 320 Kansas Ave., Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027, (913) 682-9090 ext 4035.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure
- Judge to consider blocking Kansas ban on abortion method