No. 4 Lions sweep at home, improve to 18-1
Lansing High's volleyball seniors were recognized Tuesday during Senior Night festivities at a home triangular, but they played their final matches at LHS Thursday night at a quadrangular against Jefferson County West, Immaculata and Pleasant Ridge.
Much like Tuesday, the seniors had no worries in protecting their home court. Lansing waxed Jeff West, 25-17, 25-13, and later rolled past Immaculata, 25-9, 25-7, and Pleasant Ridge, 25-14, 25-8.
The Lions, ranked No. 4 in the Class 5A poll, improved to 18-1 on the year and 14-0 at Johnsmeyer Gymnasium.
In other action Thursday, Jeff West beat Pleasant Ridge, 25-20, 25-18, and Immaculata, 25-12, 25-14. Pleasant Ridge later beat Immaculata, 26-28, 25-19, 25-15.
Lansing next competes at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Louisburg Tournament. Among the teams in the field is Paola, ranked third in Class 4A, and Blue Valley.
More like this story
- Basehor car enthusiast to participate in 'Art of the Car'
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Large, $4.7M bulk solids research plant opens in Salina
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good