Basehor loses to Clinton
Clinton scores 20 unanswered points to win game
Clinton High (Mo.) scored 20 unanswered points to defeat Basehor, 27-7, on Friday.
After a 1-yard touchdown run by Brandon Leppke and an extra point by Kyle Savner that tied the game, 7-7 in the third quarter, Basehor struggled to stop Clinton.
Clinton put together an extended drive and led 14-7.
Basehor punted in the fourth quarter and Clinton returned it for a touchdown. Later in the quarter, Basehor turned the ball over deep in its own territory on fourth down, and Clinton scored again.
"We were trying to run a speed offense and didn't get it done," coach Steve Hopkins said.
Hopkins said his team played well in the first half, but has to play a complete game to be successful.
Basehor-Linwood (1-3) plays Lansing (3-1) on Friday.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Face to Face: Basehor High principal Sherry Reeves
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children