Briggs, Griffen, Hall guide LHS tennis past Perry
Twenty-four hours after turning in an impressive all-around performance against Kansas City Christian, the Lansing High tennis team wasn't nearly as sharp but was still efficient enough to put away Perry-Lecompton, 6-3, in a home dual on Tuesday.
Sophomores Katelyn Griffen and Briana Hall provided the bulk of the Lions' strength as they each won a singles match - Griffen defeated Jenne Moore, 6-2, and Hall topped Jena Corel, 6-2 - before teaming up for an 8-7 (7-5) doubles victory over Maureen Muluihill and Renee Vasquez.
Sophomore Amy Briggs was a part of two Lansing wins as she beat Vasquez, 8-2, in No. 1 singles and then teamed with sophomore Ashley Harrington for a 6-1 doubles victory over Vasquez and Corel.
Senior Lauren Elkins also was victorious as she knocked off Lexi Mapes, 6-5 (7-4) at No. 3 singles.
In other action, Harrington lost to Muluihill, 8-7 (7-1), Christine Cordes fell to Daffodil Reumund, 6-2, and Elkins and Cordes were defeated in doubles by Mapes and Reumund, 8-4.
More like this story
- Senior Center volunteers tutor Bonner second graders in reading
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas