LHS holds strong at No. 4
For the third straight week the Lansing High volleyball team is ranked No. 4 in the Class 5A volleyball rankings, which were released today by the Kansas Volleyball Association.
The poll, based on records turned in Monday, remains unchanged from last week. Bishop Miege (17-1) remains at No. 1, followed by St. Thomas Aquinas (14-1), Newton (23-1), Lansing High (24-1) and Topeka Seaman (17-3).
Wichita Bishop Carroll (9-4) and Wichita Kapaun-Mt. Carmel (7-4) are receiving votes.
A future LHS opponent - St. James Academy - is ranked No. 1 in Class 4A with an 18-0 record. Former Lansing foe Paola (16-5) is ranked No. 4 in 4A. Two-time oponent Shawnee Mission West, which Lansing split with this season, is ranked No. 4 in Class 6A.
More like this story
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Champions of Change: Bonner Springs High student, school resource officer visit White House
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push