Lansing High soccer ready for Mill Valley rematch
The 2007 season continues to be an uphill battle for the Lansing High boys soccer team, but the Lions have multiple opportunities this week to spark a winning streak.
LHS played host to Turner on Wednesday night in a game that was completed after The Current's deadline, and the Lions play again at 6 p.m. today against Mill Valley at Lansing Middle School.
Mill Valley won the first matchup of the season, 3-2, on Aug. 30. Since then, Lansing has struggled to jell while its only victories have come against Tonganoxie and Immaculata.
LHS coach Randy Brown said the rematch with Mill Valley provides a good opportunity to earn a victory against a traditionally strong program and start a winning streak.
"It's a good test for us," Brown said. "It's good that we've got some good teams coming up, but now we've got to be able to play, so we'll see what happens."
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Letter: Three cheers for Basehor stories
- Death knell is sounding for the phone book
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'