Search is on for missing sculpture
Wyandotte County officials have asked for the public's help in finding the bronze eagle stolen from the Korean/Vietnam War Memorial at Wyandotte County Lake.
The eagle is valued at more than $5,000, weighs about 200 pounds, and has a wingspan of about 2 feet. The sculpture was reported to have been stolen between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m. on March 20.
Local pawn shops and scrap metal dealers have been notified about the missing sculpture.
Anyone who has any information regarding the theft is encouraged to report it to their local law enforcement agency. The Bonner Springs Police Department number is (913) 422-7800; the Edwardsville Police Department is (913) 441-6983; and the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department is (913) 573-6000.
More like this story
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer