GOP women set up next meeting date
President Connie O'Brien, Tonganoxie, presided over the March 24 Leavenworth County Republican Women meeting.
The guest speaker was Becky Johnson, Linn County first vice president and 2nd District director of the Kansas Federation of Republican Women.
Guest speaker for the Leavenworth County Republican Women's April 21 meeting will be Kansas State Treasurer Lynn Jenkins, who is a candidate for the 2nd District U.S. House of Representatives.
First-time attendees may make a reservation for the 11:30 a.m. lunch at the Leavenworth Riverfront Community Center, $7.50, by calling Marikje at (913) 651-0913 by April 16.
More like this story
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- Basehor-based Rodeo Mexican Restaurant focuses on service, fresh food