“Threepenny Opera” comes to University of Saint Mary
"Threepenny Opera" will be presented by the University of Saint Mary Fine Arts Theatre Department at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, through Saturday, April 19, in Xavier Theatre on the main campus, located at 4100 South 4th Street in Leavenworth.
Set in Victorian London, this is the bitter tale of the outlaw known as "Mack the Knife." The writers turned to John Gray's 18th century "The Beggar's Opera" to fashion this savage, biting commentary on working-class capitalism and modern morality. This show is suitable for adults only.
Tickets are available at the door: $10 for adults $5 for students. Call (913) 758-6152 for more information.
More like this story
- Police search near Derby for missing 4-month-old boy
- Basehor-Linwood advances to state title game
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Pilot killed in Wichita crash ID'd as former Cessna engineer
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event