Boater safety course offered
Members of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer a one-day boating safety class to the boating public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 19.
The course will be taught at the Lawrence Fire & Medical Department Station 5, 1911 Stewart Ave., Lawrence.
Successful completion of this free safe boating class will satisfy the educational requirement of the State of Kansas for between the ages of 12 and 21 to operate a motorboat, sailboat or personal watercraft.
Purchase of the course textbook is optional.
Pre-registration for the course is required. To pre-register, contact Shirley Higgins at (785) 841-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center