Arbor Day events planned in Bonner
The Bonner Beautiful Commission will present two special events Friday in celebration of Arbor Day.
The first will be the planting of the 2008 official city tree at 10 a.m. at the Bonner Springs Cemetery. The tree will be planted in honor of Reece Kuhn, mayor of Bonner Springs from 1983 to 1989. Kuhn was responsible for the establishment of the Bonner Beautiful Commission and for the city's original application for the Tree City USA award that has been continued for the past 22 years.
The second event will be at 1:30 p.m. at Bonner Springs Elementary School, where the 2007 Tree City USA award will be presented and the program "Night Shift" will be presented by Operation Wildlife.
Students at the school will welcome guests with the singing of "We Celebrate America."
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'