Flood watch issued for Leavenworth County
Leavenworth County is one of several counties in Kansas and Missouri included in a National Weather Service flood watch, issued Wednesday. The watch will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday and will be in effect through Thursday morning.
A flood watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy rain across the watch area, which may lead to flooding.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- LCHS hires firm to design future shelter
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor