Archive for Thursday, April 24, 2008

Remember when

April 24, 2008

10 Years Ago

(April 23, 1998)

Tom Cooley announced plans to retire as city manager at the end of the year. Mayor Ted Stolfus appointed Danny Byers and Keith Scheidt, Council members, to a search committee.

Amy Hagedorn was named as the Bonner Springs delegate to Sunflower Girls State.

Pam Lewis, Basehor Elementary School principal, announced plans to retire.

U.S. Rep. Vince Snowbarger was the speaker at the Edwardsville Kiwanis Club meeting.

25 Years Ago

(April 21, 1983)

Mayor Reece Kuhn and Council members Dean Buhrle, Harrison McGovern, Al Stuchlik and Karl Schubert took office. Archie Sanders was appointed council president.

Angie Smith was the new president of the Bonner Springs High School Student Council and Janet Stephan was the new vice president.

The Bonner Springs City Council approved industrial revenue bonds allowing construction of the Berkel & Company building on 142nd St.

50 Years Ago

(April 24, 1958)

Mayor Clarence Mize turned the first shovel of dirt at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Southwestern Bell Telephone building. Phil Garrett was the local manager.

New officers of the Bonner Springs City Teachers Association were: Mrs. William O'Malley, president; Mrs. Bill Hughes, vice president; Mrs. Laura Goodman, secretary and Mark Seaman, treasurer. Mrs. George Washburn was elected the first honorary member of the association.

100 Years Ago

(April 23, 1908)

The auditorium at the Bonner Springs Bath House was scheduled for completion in July. F. D. Pallatier became a member of the board of directors for the bath house and hotel.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.