LHS team to appear on “Quest”
Lansing High School will compete against Independent School, Wichita, in a televised quarterfinals "Quest " competition on public broadcast stations KTWU and KPTS. The show will air on KTWU-11 at 11 a.m. May 4 and KTWU-23.3DT at 1:30 p.m. May 4, and on KPTS at 5 p.m. May 12.
The two schools are two of the top 16 high school teams that advanced to the finals after the Dec. 1 Quest academic competition at Washburn University. The 16 teams will compete in a single elimination competition that airs each week. The championship team will be named in June.
The contest, co-sponsored by KTWU-PBS station and Washburn University, allows teams of high school students from across Kansas to compete against one another in answering questions on topics such as art, literature, history, math and science. The Kansas National Education Association and Quest Resource Corporation are partial underwriters of Quest tapings.
Representing Lansing High School are:
Ezra Carpenter, junior
Clayton Hall, junior
Eric Hansen, senior
Josh Kranhold, senior
Emilee Taylor, junior
The coach is Ginny Scott.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers