Community’s kindness shined in tragedy
To the editor
To all the friends, family and community members that supported us through the great loss my family and I endured, we send you our deepest thanks and appreciation for all the kind words, prayers, cards, food, donations and help in efforts to ease the pain. Words cannot describe how blessed we are to live in such a caring community full of such wonderful and caring people.
Losing a dear brother, member of the family and friend like Tony is painful and will be painful for some time to come, but knowing how much of an impact he had on the community and how many friendships he had developed helps to ease that pain.
As many of us shared stories of Tony we had tears in our eyes, but we wore a subtle smile on our faces because of the joy the memory brought. We ask that you continue praying for Chad and Danny to have a full recovery while offering them support when it is needed. We encourage everyone to wear their seatbelts, drive safe and never let anything stop you from living your life to the fullest as my brother, Tony, has taught us to do.
Brian, Rhonda, A.J. and Cody Holmes
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears