Army Reserve Spec. John E. Powers has participated in an annual training exercise termed Diamond Saber at Fort McCoy, Sparta, Wis.
The exercise is for financial management units of the U.S. Army (Active and Reserve Components) to refresh their knowledge and practice the skills needed to perform their mission.
Diamond Saber 2008 included training in military pay entitlements, cash management, vendor payments, applicable procedures and record maintenance, and other theater scenarios. The exercise involved approximately 10 percent of all finance soldiers in the Army (Active and Reserve Component), and included more than 700 attendees and guests.
Powers, a financial management specialist, is assigned to the 368th Financial Management Company, Wichita. He has four years of military service.
He is the son of Larry R. Powers, Lawrence, and Shari L. Powers, McLouth.
The specialist is a 2001 graduate of Eudora High School.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink