Army Reserve Spec. John E. Powers has participated in an annual training exercise termed Diamond Saber at Fort McCoy, Sparta, Wis.
The exercise is for financial management units of the U.S. Army (Active and Reserve Components) to refresh their knowledge and practice the skills needed to perform their mission.
Diamond Saber 2008 included training in military pay entitlements, cash management, vendor payments, applicable procedures and record maintenance, and other theater scenarios. The exercise involved approximately 10 percent of all finance soldiers in the Army (Active and Reserve Component), and included more than 700 attendees and guests.
Powers, a financial management specialist, is assigned to the 368th Financial Management Company, Wichita. He has four years of military service.
He is the son of Larry R. Powers, Lawrence, and Shari L. Powers, McLouth.
The specialist is a 2001 graduate of Eudora High School.
More like this story
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Dairy Days announces parking changes due to rain
- Tonganoxie's Kirby McRill Aventure Walk/Run is Saturday
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson