Recycling workshop slated for today
One KC Voice, a nonprofit community engagement program of the Mid-America Regional Council, will put on a Kansas City, Kan., recycling workshop from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at the Kansas City, Kan., Main Library, 625 Minnesota Ave.
The event will give residents the opportunity to learn about the new curbside recycling program with solid-waste professionals.
The workshop is the second phase of a public-input project in Wyandotte County.
The workshop will take themes that emerged at earlier community discussions and ask people to recommend ways to address those issues. The recommendations will be given to the Solid Waste Management Committee.
The workshop is open to the public, and a light meal will be provided. Registration is required for dinner. For more information or to register, visit onekcvoice.org.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs city employee Justine Smith