Speedway announces Road Runner Indy 300
The Kansas Speedway has announced the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 as the first oval race of the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule.
The race will take place April 26.
"We are thrilled to be the first oval track on such a diverse, new schedule from IndyCar," said track president Jeff Boerger. "We look forward to hosting the race with Time Warner Cable again and bringing IndyCar Series drivers like Danica Patrick, Dan Wheldon and Helio Castroneves to fans in the area."
Kansas Speedway's Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 remains the premiere event before the Indianapolis 500. The new IndyCar Series schedule features 18 races, including two new destinations at Long Beach, Calif., and Toronto, Canada.
The 2009 season features 10 oval races, including the one in Kansas City.
The IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 joins the NASCAR Truck Series O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway on April 25-26. Tickets are available now with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400 and NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300, held Sept. 27-28.
Call (866) 460-RACE to purchase a 2008-09 ticket package.
More like this story
- Libraries to celebrate heroes this summer
- Relay For Life participant turned cancer survivor encourages participation
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Basehor library offers electronic recycling