Bittersweet bridge opens to traffic
Lansing residents have a new north-south road to traverse.
The $1.625 million Bittersweet Bridge opened to foot traffic Wednesday. Thursday, it was opened to motorists.
The span connects extends Bittersweet from Ida Street on the north to West Mary Street on the south, and also provides a connector from Lansing Middle School to the new Lansing Elementary School.
Lansing officials are planning a ribbon cutting to ceremonially open the Bridge later this month
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora