Speedway announces Road Runner Indy 300
The Kansas Speedway has announced the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 as the first oval race of the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule. The race will take place April 26.
Kansas Speedway's Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 remains the premiere event before the Indianapolis 500. The new IndyCar Series schedule features 18 races, including two new destinations at Long Beach, Calif., and Toronto, Canada.
The 2009 season features 10 oval races, including the one in Kansas City.
The IndyCar Series Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 joins the NASCAR Truck Series O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway on April 25-26. Tickets are available now with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kansas 400 and NASCAR Nationwide Series Kansas Lottery 300, held Sept. 27-28. Call (866) 460-RACE to purchase a 2008-09 ticket package.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Flooding closes road near Easton in Leavenworth County
- Local track and field athletes shine at KU Relays
- National Weather Services issues more flood watches, warnings for area
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe