Moms in Touch pray for others
On any given Wednesday, when USD 458 schools are in session, mothers gather at the First Baptist Church of Basehor to pray for the children, the teachers, the support staff and the administrators of the Basehor-Linwood School District.
The local group of moms is one of 17,500 Moms in Touch groups across the United States and around the world. Moms in Touch International was formed by Fern Nichols in 1984 when she sent her first child off to middle school and asked a friend to pray with her weekly for her son, his classmates and teachers.
Michealle Mitchener, facilitator for the group, said the local group has been around since 2000 or 2001 and invites anybody to join who believes in the power of prayer.
Moms in Touch operates independently of the school district. The purpose is not to be in the schools, but rather to be underneath the schools and lifting them in prayer. More information about this Christian faith based group can be found on the national Web site, momsintouch.org or by calling (913) 441-8212.
More like this story
- USD 458 cancels class Wednesday
- Basehor-Linwood Education Foundation meeting set for next week
- Basehor-Linwood 'Dads and Donuts' playgroup set for Saturday morning
- Survey to test district's efficiency, effectiveness
- NO CLASSES: Basehor-Linwood USD 458, Tonganoxie USD 464, Genesis Christian Academy cancel Thursday classes due to inclement weather