Unified Government engineer honored
The deputy county engineer for the Unified Government of Wyandotte County has been presented with an annual award by an Overland Park civil engineering firm.
BHC RHODES awarded Wayne Moody with its fourth annual Community Leadership Award during a breakfast reception Aug. 12, at Mission Hills Country Club for his more than 40-year involvement with the Boy Scouts. His volunteerism has included fundraising, assistant troop leader and training groups for the Red Cross, and helping rebuild Camp Naish, and raising nearly $6 million in investments to support the effort.
In addition to the award, BHC RHODES presented Moody with a $500 contribution to be given to an organization of his choice.
Moody chose Camp Naish as the recipient.
More like this story
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Face to Face: USD 204 administrative assistant Stormi Vitt