Shut-in Sunday marks holiday
The Salvation Army continues to spread holiday cheer.
On Sunday, Dec. 7, more than 120 Salvation Army volunteers will deliver Christmas gifts to nearly 700 homebound, elderly or disabled individuals in the Kansas City metropolitan area, in an annual event known as “Shut-In Sunday.”
“We are trying to reach people who are unable to leave their homes, for whatever reason,” said Major Dorene Jennings, divisional volunteer services director for The Salvation Army.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Retirement celebration set for USD 458 bus coordinator