Shut-in Sunday marks holiday
The Salvation Army continues to spread holiday cheer.
On Sunday, Dec. 7, more than 120 Salvation Army volunteers will deliver Christmas gifts to nearly 700 homebound, elderly or disabled individuals in the Kansas City metropolitan area, in an annual event known as “Shut-In Sunday.”
“We are trying to reach people who are unable to leave their homes, for whatever reason,” said Major Dorene Jennings, divisional volunteer services director for The Salvation Army.
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning