Area schools plan breast cancer fundraiser
The week of Dec. 15-19, Bonner Springs High School and Turner High School will conduct the “Coming Together for a Cure” fundraiser to raise money for the KU Breast Cancer Research Center.
The schools will play basketball on Dec. 19, at BSHS, and both schools will hold activities throughout the week to raise funds. During the basketball game, the KU Breast Cancer Research Center will have a booth to pass out information to raise awareness of breast cancer.
The biggest portion of the fundraiser will be selling pink “Coming Together for a Cure” T-shirts. The goal is to turn the home crowd “Orange Crush” into “Pink Crush” for the night.
T-shirts will be on sale throughout the week of Dec. 15-19 for $7. All proceeds will benefit the KU Breast Cancer Research Center. Those wearing the shirts to the game will receive $2 off the cost of admission.
More like this story
- Kansas State students asked to sign sportsmanship pledge
- Adventure seekers rappel 13-story Topeka building
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow