Our view: Getting in the spirit
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and our communities are turning out in fine numbers to support holiday events.
The area holiday season kicked off prior to Thanksgiving with the lighting of the Mayor’s Christmas Tree in Edwardsville. It continued Monday in Bonner Springs with a parade and tree lighting. The trifecta will be completed Friday night, weather-permitting, in Basehor with Basehor PRIDE’s annual Christmas in the Park celebration.
It is worth noting the large turnouts that took place in Edwardsville and Bonner Springs, and we expect the same from Basehor.
Let’s hope the spirit evident in the community events carries on throughout the holidays and beyond, well into 2009.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests