Basehor boys fall to St. James in finals
St. James Academy started the second half of Saturday’s game against Basehor-Linwood on an 11-0 run and took control of the basketball game.
The Thunder’s run included 3-point shots from Joe Kelling, Mike Huppe and Kevin Lysaught.
During the run, St. James Academy played tough defense and forced numerous turnovers, essentially shutting down Basehor-Linwood’s offense.
Basehor-Linwood coach Mike McBride said it was the difference in the game as the Bobcats finished second at the Central Heights Tournament in Osawatomie.
“We are not experienced enough to come out in the second half and play like that,” McBride said. “Obviously this is a game of runs and we came up a little empty in that area.”
Colin Murphy led BLHS with 12 points, Tanner Bowers had 11, Chandler Schaake scored 8, Justin Gripka had 5, Clint Schierbaum had 4, Richie O’Donnell scored 3 and Mark Vaca added 2.
For a full recap of the game, pick up Thursday's edition of The Sentinel.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits