BLMS girls third at tourney
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade girls basketball team closed out its season with a third-place finish in the Monticello Trails Middle School Postseason Tournament.
BLMS fell to Tonganoxie in the semifinals, 23-6, on Dec. 8. Desiree Ridder and Haley Stallbaumer scored 2 points apiece and Rachel Cook and Jamie Johnson each added 1.
In the third-place game on Dec. 11, Basehor edged Piper for a 20-14 victory. Samantha Rutherford scored 8 points to lead BLMS, Kara Stephens had 7, Mallorie Belk scored 4 and Ridder added 1.
“I was impressed with how these girls came together, shared the ball and relied on one another to finish the season on a positive note,” coach Chris Shelby said.
Prior to the tournament, BLMS fell to Baldwin, 38-25, on Dec. 3. Jamie Johnson scored a game-high 17 points for Basehor, while Desiree Ridder scored 4 points and Mallorie Belk and Alyssa Stubbs added 2 apiece.
More like this story
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants