Academic honor for BLHS grad Box
Nicholas Box, a Linwood native and 2004 graduate of Basehor-Linwood High School, recently was named an NAIA/Daktronics Soccer Scholar-Athlete for the 2008 season.
This is Box’s second time to earn the NAIA/Daktronics honor.
Box has been a three-year starter as a defender for McPherson College, anchoring the Bulldogs’ defensive back line.
“Nick’s performance in the classroom as well as on the field sets a standard for every athlete in our program,” McPherson coach Doug Quint said. “Nick is a great example of the true student-athlete.”
As a junior, Box scored five goals on eight shots on goal.
Box is a business major, and he is scheduled to graduate in May.
Recipients of the Daktronics-NAIA Scholar-Athlete award must have a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on a 4.00 scale, be a junior or above in academic standings, and been in attendance at the nominating institution a minimum of one full school year.
Box was a standout on the soccer and basketball teams during his career at BLHS and was a team captain for both sports as a senior.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday