The December meeting of the Chaparral 4-H Club was called to order by president Olivia Moore. The club had its annual Christmas dinner. Then, members had a short business meeting. The club celebrated a lot of December birthdays, record books were returned to members and award pins were given out. Club members went caroling at a nursing home. Members sang songs and the residents enjoyed a puppy who was dressed up for Christmas. Peggy, the club’s 4-H agent, sang with the members.
After a $5 gift exchange, the meeting was adjourned.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday