The December meeting of the Chaparral 4-H Club was called to order by president Olivia Moore. The club had its annual Christmas dinner. Then, members had a short business meeting. The club celebrated a lot of December birthdays, record books were returned to members and award pins were given out. Club members went caroling at a nursing home. Members sang songs and the residents enjoyed a puppy who was dressed up for Christmas. Peggy, the club’s 4-H agent, sang with the members.
After a $5 gift exchange, the meeting was adjourned.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament