Basehor boys defeat Immaculata
Basehor-Linwood beat Immaculata 66-57 Tuesday night to improve to 11-4.
"We have some sickness and injuries but we got through it," coach Mike McBride said. "Our effort was good."
The team was without Mark Vaca, who is out with a foot infection. He is expected to miss one week.
The team has now won eight straight games.
Tanner Swafford led the Bobcats with 21 points. Jacob Schierbaum scored 12 and Anthony Pierce finished with 11 points and the two players were Basehor's only to finish in double figures.
The first quarter of the game was close as Basehor-Linwood outscored Immaculata 18-16.
In the second quarter, the Bobcats outscored Immaculata 19-9 and took a 37-25 lead into intermission.
The quarter proved to be the difference in the basketball game as the second half was even between the two teams. Both squads scored 13 points in the third quarter and Immaculata outscored Basehor-Linwood 19-16 in the final stanza.
The Bobcats other scorers in the game were Chandler Schaake, 8; Scott Ogilvie, 5; Alex Ziegler, 5; Jake Johnson, 4.
Basehor-Linwood plays at Mill Valley at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
More like this story
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social